VCSU Mission and Vision
Valley City State University is a public, regional university offering exceptional programs in an active, learner-centered community that promotes meaningful scholarship, ethical service, and the skilled use of technology. As an important knowledge resource, the University offers programs and outreach that enrich the quality of life in North Dakota and beyond. Through flexible, accessible, and innovative baccalaureate and master’s programs, VCSU prepares students to succeed as educators, leaders, and engaged citizens in an increasingly complex and diverse society.
Valley City State University will be nationally recognized for advancing important collaboration, fostering innovative engagement, and promoting noteworthy transformation. Through effective use of best practices in technology, teaching, and learning, VCSU will be a destination university for students in North Dakota and throughout the region, extending its reach and influence beyond the campus boundaries.
- Award degrees in education, business, and the liberal arts and sciences, with all students documenting their competency in Aesthetic Engagement, Communication, Global Awareness, Technology, Collaboration, Effective Citizenship, Problem Solving, and Wellness.
- Deliver a quality educational experience in an innovative culture and a technologically enhanced environment.
- Serve the best interests of our students, region, and society.
- Lead in effectively applying information media technologies for learning.
- Promote the appreciation of diversity, a multicultural perspective, and global awareness.
We are committed to a learner-centered philosophy. We make education meaningful with positive relationships and effective practices.
Quality and Integrity
We have high expectations for results, integrity, and positive interpersonal relations in all we do.
We are flexible, creative, and free to try new things. We have a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and open mind. We embrace change.
We trust each other; we work well together, and we are involved with our local and extended communities.
We believe that diversity of all kinds enriches the quality of thought, discussion, and learning.