Financial Aid Office

McFarland Hall 2nd Floor 219


Marcia Pritchert
(800) 532-8641 extension 37541
(701) 845-7541
FAX: (701) 845-7545

Assistant Director

Patti Rickford
(701) 845-7542


Karen Crooks
(701) 845-7543

Valley City State University makes every effort to provide financial assistance to eligible applicants through grants, loans, scholarships, employment, and other student aid programs. A student applying for financial aid at Valley City State University is considered for a variety of federal, state, or institutional programs. Applications are evaluated to determine the individual need of the students and awards are made with careful adherence to federal, state, and institutional guidelines. Complete descriptions of all programs, requirements, and qualifications are available online at aid.

Application Period and Deadline

In order to apply for federal financial aid, applicants should first complete their 2019-20 FAFSA at fafsa.ed.govThe application period begins October 1st of each year.  To ensure first consideration for available funds, complete the FAFSA information early.


In order to be considered for federal financial aid, students must be in a degree-seeking program in which they declare a major/minor. Students not in a degree-seeking program may qualify for alternative loans from private lenders.

Once enrolled, all students must be in compliance with Satisfactory Academic Progress as explained in the policies on the VCSU Financial Aid website at

Collaborative/Consortium Enrollment

Many students pursuing a degree from VCSU find it convenient at times to take a required course(s) from another institution.    All students enrolling collaboratively or by a Consortium Agreement, must also be enrolled for a minimum of one VCSU course a semester.    Students enrolled collaboratively (within the North Dakota University System) must complete the enrollment process at  Students enrolling by Consortium Agreement (with institutions outside of North Dakota University System ) must file the appropriate Consortium Agreement found at